3142 Jordan Road
Sited on nearly a ¼ of an acre this incredibly private home is updated and eco-minded. The original floor plan has been lovingly renovated to incorporate an intimate and self-contained master suite. Nestled in a Shangri-La like garden and built around a central Ipe courtyard deck, every sight line is framed by lush landscaping.
The living, dining room and kitchen flow seamlessly into one another. They are flooded with natural light, showcase a wood-burning fireplace, verdant views and original built-ins. An updated kitchen, with Bosch dishwasher, Electrolux convection oven/range as well as abundant cabinet storage. There are two ample sized bedrooms off a central hallway with access to one of the full baths. The utility room off the kitchen has a floor to ceiling cabinet and an enclosed washer/dryer closet. Through a sheltered breezeway is the entrance to the master suite. The master bedroom has radiant heat, vaulted ceilings, recessed lighting and a custom walk-in closet. The bath has an Italian glass tile shower with built-in bench, spa tub and spacious counter and cabinet storage. Outside the master and a few steps up you’re transported into one of the most private and magical gardens. Pathways meander under a majestic oak, past numerous fruit trees, roses, ornamentals leading up to a mature Walnut tree and the upper patio. The garden is also home to expansive treetop and skyline views from that are exceptionally serene.
The driveway provides access up to the courtyard entry gate offering an almost level-in entry. There is room for multiple cars and it is equip with an electric car charging station.
- Original home built 1938
- Master addition 2007
- Radiant heat in master addition
- Ipe tropical hardwood decking
- Solar panels
- Electric car charging station
- Water filter
- Newer roof
- Updated plumbing and electrical
- Window upgrades
- On demand water heater
- Newer forced air heater for front house
- Air conditioning unit
- New exterior stucco
- Eco-paint used throughout interior
- Extensive French Drain system
- Driveway pavers
- Calamondin Lime (orange lime)
- Meyer Lemon
- Yellow delicious apple
- Fuju Persimmon
- Fall blooming sasanque camellias lining the drive and a 12ft yellow Graham Thomas rose by the side entrance.
- There are at least 10 Japanese Maples throughout the front and back gardens, all but one came from seedlings from the mother plant on the deck.
- Rhododendron, Hellebores, hydrangea, loropetalum and campanula in the shade garden in front.
- In the sunny back garden among the many species thrives lavender, thyme, sages, penstemon, roses, iris and a smoke tree.